Japan IT Budget and Spending Trends 2016
ITR Corporation’s newest report titled “Japan IT Budget & Spending Trends 2016”.
ITR began surveying the Japanese market in 2001. This year marks the 15th year of this survey, which is fixed-point observation of Japanese corporation’s IT budget and spending in FY2015, as well as what directions they will move in FY2016. New analysis was added to this survey—for which valid responses from 2,443 companies—including spending trends of 100 items on application and product/services.
This report will give detailed trends of Japanese companies for each of the various segments.
In terms of the Japanese companies’ IT budget ratio over sales volume by industry in FY2015, Finance / insurance industry had the highest figure of 8.6%, followed by 5.9% of Information & communications as usual.
IT budget ratio by industry (FY2015)
Regarding the regional IT budget allocation of the companies with overseas sites, over 70% was allocated in Japan. For overseas allocation, North America was the highest followed by China. More than half of foreign IT budget was allocated in Asia.
Figure 2. IT budget allocation by region (FY2015)
One of the most prominent results of this survey was the expansion of risk management costs. In FY2015, the ratios of three risk management costs (Information security, disaster control, IT internal control) over IT budget surpassed those of the previous year, and the overall average was the highest in the last five years.Information security cost especially had 15.3% of IT budget, reflecting the high awareness toward security due to a series of information leakage and cyber attacks targeting public offices, large companies, and educational institutions.
Figure 3. Security cost ratios over IT budget
This survey asked respondents’ introduction status and willingness to spend on 100 product and service items. “Tablet” and “Smartphone” had the highest investment abundance indexes in “Infrastructure / device” segment, showing the companies’ high willingness to spend on smart devices. Also, cloud services such as “PaaS” “IaaS” and “SaaS” had high figures; we expect cloud-shift will further accelerate.
Figure 4. Willingness to spend on products / services (Infrastructure / device)
Chapter 1 Survey Outline
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
- 2.1 Steady growth of IT spending
- 2.2 Important IT trends in FY2016
- 2.3 Willingness to spend on technologies
- 2.4 General comment
Chapter 3 IT Budget Trend
- 3.1 IT budget abundance trend
- 3.2 IT budget ratio of companies
- 3.3 Overseas expansion situation and IT budget trend
- 3.4 Global IT budget
Chapter 4 IT Budget and Spending Strategy
- 4.1 New IT spending
- 4.2 New investment ratio by purpose
Chapter 5 Risk Management Cost Trend
- 5.1 IT spending for risk management
- 5.2 Information security management cost trend
- 5.3 Disaster control cost trend
- 5.4 IT internal control cost trend
Chapter 6 IT Strategy and Notable Trends
- 6.1 Important issues for IT strategy in FY2016
- 6.2 Priority of major IT trend items and execution status
Chapter 7 Product/Service Spending Trends
- 7.1 Willingness to spend on products / services（total）
- 7.2 Willingness to spend on Infrastructure / device
- 7.3 Willingness to spend on OS / middleware
- 7.4 Willingness to spend on Application
- 7.5 Willingness to spend on Security / service
Japan IT Budget and Spending Trends 2016
PDF file (attachment to e-mail)
US$3,000. (single user license)
US$4,500. (department license)
Japanese consumption tax will be applicable if the purchaser is located within Japan.
Officers/decision makers of the IT strategies and spending of ITR client companies and ITR’s proprietary web panels in Japan.
Number of Valid Responses: 2,443
How to Order (Steps from placing the order through to delivery of the ordered product)
1) Placing an order: Orders can be placed by e-mail. Before sending the e-mail, please make sure that you have included all of the Required Items* in English.
*Required Items include: your name, the name of your company, the department in which you work, your job title, the type of report required (Single License or Department License), and whether or not you require an estimate.
[Customer survey] (Optional)
How did you learn about our products?
What made you decide to order this product?
2) Invoicing: We will send you an invoice (in PDF format) by e-mail.
3) Payment: Payment must be made by remittance to the specified bank account.
– If you are remitting funds from outside Japan, you will be required to pay the remittance charge, the lifting charge (i.e. the handling fee charged by the receiving bank in Japan), any intermediary bank charges, and the currency conversion fee.
4) Delivery: Once it has been confirmed that payment has been received, the product will be sent to you by e-mail (in PDF format).
– Please note that if you are remitting funds from outside Japan, it may take 2 – 5 business days to confirm receipt of payment.
Purchasers who are resident in Japan will be required to pay Consumption Tax (at a rate of 8%) in addition to the purchase price.
Disclaimer / warning
All copyrights and other rights to the contents of this document belong to ITR Corporation.
It is strictly prohibited to transfer, duplicate or input into electronic media, etc. these contents without the prior written permission of ITR Corporation.
Citation of ITR publications
No part of this publication may be used or quoted for advertising, publicity, marketing collateral, media articles or other commercial purposes without the prior permission of the publisher, ITR.
Contact : email@example.com for application.